Katherine 
Whom are you scolding?
Not a single post in this list of messages is blaiming a single thing on WE or 
any other screen reader for that matter. It was a simple question of anti 
virous, anti mal ware programs that work.

Who has the stinking atitude?


  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Katherine Moss 
  To: [email protected] ; shannon ; gwmicro list 
  Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 3:50 PM
  Subject: RE: MSE and other anti virous programs


  I'll tell you that there are two things I'll say here.  One: you need to 
understand the difference between an antivirus and an antimalware program.  You 
should uninstall Avast if you have MSE, and you can have both MSE and 
Malwarebytes.  They perform different functions and MBAM complements MSE.  Two: 
Stop blaming the screen reader for your problems!  Every time, every stinking 
time something goes wrong with a computer with a screen reader installed on it, 
that's the offending program automatically.  This attitude has to stop.  

   

  From: manny [mailto:[email protected]] 
  Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 4:29 PM
  To: shannon; gwmicro list
  Subject: Re: MSE and other anti virous programs

   

  Yes
  I have malwarebytes anti-malware, avast, and microsoft security essentials 
installed on my computer, but only security essential is monitoring my computer.
  If I download a file, security essentials automatically scans the file; 
however, if I want a second opinion, I just  right click on the file and have 
avast or malwarebytes scan the file again.
  Security essential is set to automatically do a full scan of my computer once 
a week, and once a month I do a full scan with either Avast or Malwarebytes as 
a precaution, but all three programs have found no bad guys.

  checkout my stand-up comedy performance--please forward or post on your 
social network--my goal is to reach a million clicks: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75fbevlz10g
  On 5/7/2012 7:59 AM, shannon wrote: 

  can you turn off one to run the other? 

  Occasionally my computer sounds like  it is gearing up for take off and when 
looking at the running processes it is Semantic GUI that is being a pig face.

  So I was wondering if MSE would do a better job or find what ever is making 
the GUI so hungry.

  Shannon

    ----- Original Message ----- 

    From: manny 

    To: shannon ; gwmicro list 

    Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 12:39 PM

    Subject: Re: MSE and other anti virous programs

     

    You can have several antivirus programs installed on your computer, but you 
should only have one set to run at bootup.
    I have security essential and spybot both running at bootup.  
    here is the link for microsoft security essential:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

    checkout my stand-up comedy performance--please forward or post on your 
social network--my goal is to reach a million clicks: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75fbevlz10g


    On 5/7/2012 7:01 AM, shannon wrote: 

    Hello list, 

     

    Can you run  MSE along with Semantic? 

     

    And how do you get MSE I don't see that on the Windows update page. So do 
you google it and find it that way? 

    ----- Original Message ----- 

    From: Josh Rivera 

    To: [email protected] 

    Cc: [email protected] 

    Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 11:07 AM

    Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Hello Robert, I use a scanner called, microsoft 
security essentials

     

    I've been using MSE for over a year now, and do not find it, in the least, 
clunky! In fact, it's so complete, that I was even able to delete my spybot for 
blind users program, because MSE took care of the spyware good enough, so that 
spybot never found any more spyware. 

    On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:45:24 -0400 Evelyn Weckerly <[email protected]> 
writes: 


        

        Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 10:33:17 -0400
        To: "Maheen" <[email protected]>
        From: Evelyn Weckerly <[email protected]>
        Subject: Re: Hello Robert, I use a scanner called, microsoft security 
essentials

        Hi,

        I too must get a new antivirus program. An IT friend of mine feels that 
Microsoft Security Essentials as rather clunky. I'd ba interested in any 
comments about any program that is accessible, free or paid for. Thanks.

        Evelyn

        At 03:21 AM 5/7/2012, you wrote:



        It's a very good  program. It scans for viruses and is  completely 
free. I use it. 

        ----- Original Message ----- 

        From: Robert Ringwald 

        To: gw 

        Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 3:15 AM 

        Subject: Question about NOD 32 or Vipre

        Windows 7 

        Dell Laptop 

        WE 7.5.4.1 

         

        Up until I purchased this Windows 7 laptop, I used NOD 32 and liked it 
very much. 

         

        After getting this laptop, I had a free 30 day trial of Vipre. It has 
now run out. 

         

        I recently read a couple comments here on the List about a newer 
version of NOD32 not being as accessible as the older versions. 

         

        I have to decide on a virus program. 

         

        It is pretty much between these two.  

         

        Comments? 

         

        --Bob Ringwald 

         

         

         

       



    ____________________________________________________________ 
    53 Year Old Mom Looks 33 
    The Stunning Results of Her Wrinkle Trick Has Botox Doctors Worried
    consumerproducts.com 

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to