I haven't used this in a while and don't have a spreadsheet to test with right 
now, so this might not be correct, but I believe it is. While in the column 
header cell for a particular column, use the application (context) key.. If 
autofilter is turned on, you should have several options. For example, you 
might select the top ten items (highest value), lowest ten, other values, or 
custom options.

I've found that spreadsheets sometimes don't read properly when autofilter is 
turned on, but haven't ever had the time to try to figure out exactly what the 
problem was.

Richard Petty
713.520.0232, Ex. 122
[email protected]

From: Martha Reaney [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:50 AM
To: GW Micro
Subject: auto filters on EXCEL files

I received an EXCEL spreadsheet with auto filters. The person who sent it to me 
said to click on the down arrow in the header column.
I'm having trouble finding that down arrow.  The column header soes say, for 
example, State auto filter, so I am sure it is there...

What is the best way to make use of auto filters using Windows XP, WE 8.3, and 
either Office 2003 or Office 2010?


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to