For the “safely remove hardware”, try the system tray with Windows-B, and press Entr on the Notification chevron, then left arrow some more. Some programs don’t, by default, appear in the system tray where Insert-S will find them. You can customize the notification area and put them back, but new items will still appear in the chevron area. It’s another new way of doing things that comes with Windows 7.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD http://lras.home.sprynet.com From: Evan Reese Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2014 4:36 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Getting the Desktop out of My alt-tab Cycle Hey guys, I’m a new user of Windows 7 and I’d like to know if, and how, I can get the desktop from appearing when I alt-tab through my open applications. I believe I had this same question with Vista, but that was long ago and I don’t know what I was told to do to get it out then. Thanks much. Also, by the way, is there a Safely Remove Hardware in Windows 7? I used to have to do that with Vista when unplugging an external hard drive or one of my SD cards, but I can’t find it on the system tray on my new Windows 7 machine. Is it unnecessary now, or is it located somewhere else? Thanks very much. Evan If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
