This is great to know - I flung caution to the winds and ordered the book
almost on the spot. ( Payday can be dangerous! ;-> )
Joannah

--- lisa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        I have both versions--ordered the 2 volume set without realizing
it was the same book.  To me, the colors in the 2 volume set look just as
vibrant and beautiful as those in the single volume.

        The 18th and 19th centuries are in Volume I and the 20th century
is in Volume II.  There's a very slight difference in page numbers.  I
haven't gone through page by page to see what the specifics are but the
original book has 736 pages.  In the new set Volume I is page 1-320 and
Volume II is page 321-720.  Either way I wholeheartedly agree with
everyone who has said that it's a very beautiful book.

lisa