I hand sew everything... and my gores are razor sharp. All it ever takes is
practice. As for no gores in the 13th century being sharp... Just how many
extant garments do we have to make that assumption on? I would personally
think that gores varied ... some pointy, some not.

YMMV,
Bridgette

However: The original poster was trying to make a 13th century garment.