At 01:27 PM 9/2/2005, you wrote:
I'm trying to make some simple Halloween costumes to sell on ebay to supplement my already too small income. I know they need to be simple because people don't generally pay much on ebay, so I'm using up old fabric scraps. I have run into a problem already with sizing. i was using a Burda pattern and its sizes seem to be quite different than those of the big 3 American pattern companies. It's been a long time since I had a young child so I was wondering if any of you with small girls or boys would mind giving me their chest, waist and hip measurements along with their height. A measurement from waist to floor would help too. And let me know their age and gender. I think I am going to make stuff for about ages 1-11. If I get enough responses, I can figure out averages.

Thanking you all in advance,
Syrog (Sylvia Rognstad)
 Sylvia,
Have you considered going to the web sites of the major pattern companies and checking their measurements? That would give you a better way to let your buyers know about sizes since they are already accustomed to those. Or you could check on the sites for some clothing companies, like L. L. Bean; they usually have charts showing measurements for sizing.

Joan Jurancich
[EMAIL PROTECTED]