From: michael tartaglio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hi, Marc. I believe the Guildhall Museum collection was incorporated
into that of the City Museum (Museum of London). If that is the case,
the leather jerkin that they currently have on display might be part of
the same finds or possibly incorporated from the pieces you show. I
would send a note to the Curator or Collections Manager (I can't
remember her name, but she is very helpful with such things) to find
out. Perhaps after they acquired a complete jerkin they took the pieces
off exhibit. Of course, the pics come from 1908, so they might have been
lost in the Blitz. I think the old Guildhall Museum was only a few
blocks from the river and the docks. Sorry I don't know more. Mike T.

I believe you are right about the merging of the museums (in 1973?). If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate it. I wouldn't be surprised if the pieces didn't survive the Blitz, although I've been corresponding with the various museums about their old shoes, and a lot of those do seem to have survived (although some of them don't seem to be in the same condition they were a century ago).

Thank you.

Marc