I thought I'd share this fan on ebay someone has.
http://snipurl.com/irwfFrom the description:
"Very Rare and Collectible -Early 18th Century hand fan with serpentine
ivory sticks mounted with leaf depicting the Biblical story (Numbers 21: 4 –
9) of The Israelites in the desert. Their punishment for speaking out
against God and Moses was to be plagued with poisonous snakes. When the
people repented, Moses was told by God to make an image of a snake of brass
and set in on a tau-shaped (T) pole. It had a miraculous curative effect.

This unique fan is painted with gouache on paper and is in very good
condition No tears and no repairs. The color is bright and the ivory sticks
are very high quality. The guards are laminated with mother of pearl shell
at the top and at the base. The sticks are carved to display a woven pattern
when the fan is closed (see photo). We will ship ivory to overseas buyers
who have a U.S. agent to clear the item for international shipping. . The
leaf measures 16 1/2 inches across.Guard sticks are 10 1/4 inches."

I thought that several who do this time line would enjoy this.

Bice