Hi,
Yesterday i was chasing a new working lamp as my old one had broken. I was going trough the most of the city, On my way i went into a drawing shop and found a nice devise i can use for my costume work. It is made by a firm called Linex, it is a long green rubber stick wich is bendable to make curves. This is ideal for instance for when you are going to make a chemise that is going to have the same cut as the stays. You just outline your nedkline of the stays with this stick, while they are sitting on your dress stand, and voila you have the cut for the chemises neckline. I also found a nice templet for small cirkles in a lot of sizes to use when i make embroidery patterns. I got my lamp in the end, a nice magnifying lamp, and i found out that a light table, is affordable. (must wish this for christmass) Finally i found a solution to transfer my embroidery pattern onto the dark grey silk taffeta. I just draw the pattern reversed and stick it to the wrong side of the taffeta, and then i make small stitches with a contrasting collour thread. This way i get a fine trace to work from.

Bjarne

Leif og Bjarne Drews
www.my-drewscostumes.dk

http://home0.inet.tele.dk/drewscph/