From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Diana Habra
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 11:25 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: Bronzino (was Re: [h-cost] knit jacket was Re: Moda a
Firenze1540-1580

> Quoting Beth and Bob Matney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>

>> I've been thinking of adding:
>> Bronzino by Maurice Brock 360 pages Flammarion (November 16, 2002)
>> ISBN: 208010877
>> to my collection of portrait painters. Has anyone seen this book?
>>
>> Beth
>
> Don't know a thing about it, but it sounds like something that I would
> be interested in.  Bronzino (and Carpaccio) is one of my favorite
> artists -- next to the ladies, of course  :-)

My favorite Bronzino book (and they have a Carpaccio one, too) is by "The
Library of Great Masters" series.  They are printed by the Riverside Book
Company.  They are about 8 1/2" by 11" and softcover but have nice, big
color reproductions of the paintings.  They are about art, but the
pictures are very nice quality.  For example, you can see that Laura
Battiferri's dress is brown and black, not just all black (those who know
this painting, will know what I mean!)

The Bronzino ISBN is  1-878351-52-4
The Carpaccio ISBN is 0-09-470170-9
And they have other good painters as well....

Hope that helps!

Diana

www.RenaissanceFabrics.net
"Everything for the Costumer"