At 10:05 09/11/2005, you wrote:
Hello,
I hope somebody can help me a little.
I am draping the toille of the sack backed yellow chenille dress. Then i have a little problem with the sleave fitting. Is it ok that my armscye overlaps the shoulderstraps of the stays at the top? I might have made the shoulderstraps two wide at the top and wondered if it matters? If i make the armscye to the edge of the shoulder straps, my sleave dont get the right angle i think.
Any ideas greatly apreciated, thanks

Bjarne

Bjarne

If you have, or can get, a copy of "Period Costume for Stage and Screen 1500-1800" by Jean Hunnisett published by Players Press, you will find that she has clear instructions for draping a mantua and for a sack, with clear drawings (by Janette Haslam). The title is misleading, as all the patterns are based on thorough research of original garments wherever possible.

Suzi