Hi, it's me again,

Of course, most of the references I gave are in the Eastern Montreal. Not that we don't mix up with the other side, just that it's far enough that stores just don't have the same clients.

http://www.montrealmirror.com/ARCHIVES/2002/assg/assg5.html

That's a great link thanks! Take note that, in this article, they almost always stop at St-Laurent, or St-Denis, but you can also in most instances push more towards the Eastern part too and find interesting things - I'm thinking mostly of Mont-Royal street here, but it's true of others as well, if you don't mind bad English.

I couldn't believe how many restaurants just sold hot dogs some as cheap as 3/$100. Take out lunch isn't chinese or pizza it's hot dogs.

Uh, well. Not true of everyone. IMHO, most of those hot-dogs they sell for 1$ don't qualify as food, although some people seem to think they do :-) But if you want real hot dogs for 1$, you have to go to Montreal Pool Room (1200 St-Laurent). It's THE hot-dog place. Me, I hate cheap hot dogs. There's lots of 1$ pizza places. Don't be afraid to take advantage of them. And lots of cheap Chinese/Thai places. And lots if Indian, Pakistanese, Italian, Greek, Japanese (including take-out sushi), Mexican, Libanese, French (though those are usually more expensive), etc. restaurants. No need to eat cheap hot-dogs :-) Ah, another thing I dislike but you might enjoy - smoked meat. The world-famous place is Schwartz. 3895 St-Laurent. There's ALWAYS people there. Looks really crappy, but they supposedly make the best smoked-meat in the world. Also - no street food vendors in Montreal. Personnally, I think we could do with a few, but there's a silly law against it. But there's always food in shopping malls.

Edith mentioned the metro. It's great for going almost anywhere in town - at least downtown. You can buy a weekly pass. If you want to know easily how to get from point A to point B, go to www.stm.info and find the "Tous Azimuts" link. Of course, it won't help you in a hotel room without an Internet connexion, but it will at least allow you to know your main routes before you leave. I use it regularly, and it has never been wrong before.

Costume contents? Uh... well... that was in the first message. All of this is to GET to the costume stuff... _______________________________________________