I adore  music from the Renaissance and Baroqe periods, though, and Mozart
(does he  count as Baroqe or Romantic?

*******************

He's "Classical"....with Haydn and Beethoven.

And there are lots of Baroque and Classical operas. My faves too. I like  the
stylized, non-realistic approach of these operas. "Le Nozzi di Figaro" is my
fave.

<Snip>

And.... was it Suzi who didn't like Ballet? But you loved Rameau? About 1/3
of his operas ARE ballet!

No, what I said was I loved the music. I did not enjoy the trampolines and the bizarre modern take on the opera.But the music was played and sung by Les Arts Florisantes, a truly wonderful baroque music group directed by William Christie. They are doing Handel's Hannibal" later in the year, and I hope so much to be able to see that too. (Well, listen rather than see to be honest.)

<Snip>

Suzi