If I understand what you mean correctly, you 'betcha! Look in Fashion in Detail from the 17th and 18th Centuries (by Hart and North) on pages 82 and 100. A 1760's man's dress coat of sprigged silk velvet. The velvet it is orange with greenish flowers outlined in black! It is embroided in silver-gilt thread.

Sg

Bjarne og Leif Drews wrote:

Hi,
I saw the most delightfull printed roses velvet today. It is the kind of velvet that is wowen into dimentional stripes. Dont know the english term for this, and i apologise for asking because many have asked before, but this velvet wich today is used for trousers and jackets, was that used in 18th century? If not it is such a shame, it would have ben wonderfull for jackets and skirts.........

Bjarne