My mother in law swears by cheap kid's bubblebath...kinda like the father in "my Big Fat Greek Wedding" and his 'Windex', the bubblebath will remove almost any stain.

Kelly

"Bravery is something you can experience on the spur of the moment, faced with danger. To have courage, you must think about the dangers in advance, then weigh the risks, and then do what you have to do, despite your fears"
Caius Merlyn Britannicus

From: Cynthia Virtue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Historical Costume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] getting oil stains out of fabric
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 03:05:11 -0500

Danielle Nunn-Weinberg wrote:
Does anyone have a record of these threads or a good tip that they can email me off list since I had an encounter with an exploding bottle of salad dressing (wearing new clothes, naturally), and I need to deal with a large blob of olive oil right in the middle of the top...

Hair shampoo works fairly well as a first-pass; rub it in, wait a few minutes, throw in the washer.

--
Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent