kelly grant wrote:

am not really wanting the "melons on a platter" as some >said earlier.

I think of the melons on a platter in the 18th Century, not Elizabethan, as the corsets are shaped differently. The Renn and Elizabethan are more tubular in shape to the 18thC cone shape that gives you a higher bustline. That and the 18thC women showed them off a bit more than earlier women, what with the partlets of the earliers times.

I'm not the person to do it, but someone may have the time, someday, to do a photo essay about corseted bosom shapes through time, starting with Tudor and going up through some of the less, er, skilled tailoring of newer-to-historic-costuming folks where the bosom seems to be supported as if horizontal acreage was key.

It would probably help a lot of newer folks to know what they were aiming for.

cv