Robin Netherton wrote:

At least one of the wholesale dealers I
order from (out of state to me) notes that if you live in their home
state, you need to provide a resale license, but otherwise they don't seem
to care.

Businesses are required to collect taxes (or note exemptions) for in-state sales. If you mail-order from another state they aren't required to collect or report sales taxes for the other state. Or that's how it used to work, anyway, back when I had a business. So out-of-state sales require no extra paperwork. In-state retail sales means there's tax forms to fill out.

Speaking of trims... I recently found TrimFabric.com as an interesting supplier of discounted trim. The selection varies considerably, though.

Dawn