Rebecca,
The terminology you use is confusing to British people, so can we clarify? Our
university students normally spend a year abroad *during* their course only if
they're studying a foreign language. Do you mean that your son will study
abroad *after* he gets his degree? Is he looking for a postgraduate course in
literature?

Kate Bunting
Librarian and 17th century reenactor

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 25/01/2006 05:10 >>>
I know this is off topic, so please feel free to
answer me off line.  I get the impression that several
of the members of this list reside in the United
Kingdom and I am in need of some input.

My oldest son is looking for a school in the United
Kingdom to attend for his year abroad.  He is
currently a Medieval Lit major, Theatre Arts minor at
Beloit College in Wisconsin.

He is looking at University of Wales at Swansea, as
well as a school in York and one in Bristol.  Would
you have any other suggestions?  We originally thought
he would be going to Edinburgh, Scotland, but their
Lit program doesn't have what he needs.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Rebecca Burch
Center Valley Farm