What is this...the year for depression era Urinetown???We're doing the same sho for the final one of the season...we'll get the scetches next week!
Kelly

"Bravery is something you can experience on the spur of the moment, faced with danger. To have courage, you must think about the dangers in advance, then weigh the risks, and then do what you have to do, despite your fears"
Caius Merlyn Britannicus

From: "Cabbage Rose Costumes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] 1930's factory wear
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 19:09:30 -0800

Can anyone on the list point me to a source for period uniforms for the depression era? Or perhaps even abroad in the 1930s. I am doing a production of Urinetown, and we are going for a thirties depression era feel, although the show is not actually set in any time period. (It's actually the future, I believe).

I did a few cursory net searches without much luck, but thought perhaps someone already had some sourcing and could save me some time for my inspiration.

As always, thanks in advance.

angela
+++++
Angela F. Lazear
Cabbage Rose Costumes
www.cabbagerosecostumes.com
Theatrical Costume Design

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none:
be able for thine enemy rather in power than use,
and keep thy friend under thy own life's key:
be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech..."
W. Shakespeare