>Hi Cin,
>The print i talk about is in the italian fashion history book by Mila
>Contini, if you would like, i can scan the print for you and send you by
>email.

Yes please!  That's one book I dont have.
I found your guy Abraham Bosse and his lovely illustrations. Pretty
pictures!  None of them show the doublet wrist closure without the
lace cuff.  The closure is always covered up. Carpaccio's men are the
same always covered by lace so I cant see what I want to see.

>I am not sertan about what you want, a book about doublets? If there was on
>i would surely like to know :-)

I'm trying to figure out how the wrist closure is constructed. I doubt
it is constructed like a modern suit jacket where the vent is lapped
then sewn in place with false buttonholes.  Does it have lots of
buttons or just one? Is it laced? hooked? or completely closed & the
hand just slips in?

I guess i need a picture of a guy getting dressed, just before he
turns the lace cuffs back. Or perhaps a pic of a guy in a doublet
"shooting his cuffs" the way modern men in suits do.

>The cut of mens clothes has a doublet from the time!

True. And she, Norah Waugh, never shows the cuff closure.  I'll go
look thru Janet Arnold again. Thanks, Bjarne, you're a pal!

--cin
Cynthia Barnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]