To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Book on Lace Question

At 13:10 22/03/2006, you wrote:
Quoting Bjarne og Leif Drews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi Susan,
This is the picture on the cover of the book, the other one is inside the book.
So its not this one, unfortunately.

That one was so tiny, if it *was* the correct picture, I don't know how
much good it would have been.  Sounds like when I finish this
dissertation, I'm going to have to ILL this book too.  My library
doesn't have it.

The description of the picture on the front cover is as follows "Portrait of three young girls, circle of Robert Peake, c. 1620"

The relevant picture is of three children. The boy on the left carries a whip, or gloves - the picture is not very clear. The child in the middle, a girl, carries a doll, and the third girl seems to be holding the younger girl's leading strings. This is the one that matches the description that Bjarne gave, and not the coloured one recently shown. (I've wiped all the previous correspondence - sorry.)

Alexandria, I can scan this for you if it would help?

Suzi