On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:23:54 -0800, Althea Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a friend who is not allowed to go to the fabric store without a keeper. :D She knows nothing about fabrics and likes shiny bright SHINY fabrics, which are rarely a natural fiber.

You must have met a friend of mine. She with the marked weakness for above mentioned fabrics with lots and lots of 19thC flower patterns. I'll pass this on to her as she does high medieval before timetravel was invented.
:-)

I'd throw in something about polyester in the wool section. Never buy wool with more than 30% polyester for one thing. And telling the difference between polyester and wool. Not easy at all. I have a few fabrics from the famous polyester sheep. The weave and colors are perfect. I just didn't know how to tell the better polyester from wool when I started out.

And if you get around to it, a short list of when you used some of the shiny beautiful synthetic fabrics. Which 60's/80's ? 1360's, 1460's or 1960's/80's ?
:-)

Gunvor

--
"Jeg har sagt ja og nei og DA får du lov"
Anders (nesten 4 år)