> I doubt you would need a leather needle to sew Kid, but you might get one
> just in case....for the machine I mean. And since it stretches a bit, if
> you have a walking foot...one with "feed dogs" to move the fabric on top
> as well as underneath, you might find that helpful. This assuming you're
> doing it by machine.
> If you plan to bind it by hand....never mind...

     There is that small matter of the boning...

     I did do a binding on lightly boned stays by machine - stitch for two
inches, skip the 1/4 inch over the bone, stitch another 2"...  then I
went back and hand-stitched where the bones were.

     The idea, of course, is to enclose the end of the bone in leather,
otherwise it will wear and poke through just below the leather.

     I suppose with light plastic boning you can sew right through it, but
the Wissner is a harder plastic.  I'm not sure you could put a needle
through it without breaking the plastic, even if you have an
industrial machine that could sew through it!

     By the way, some original stays have a single stitch through each
bone (whalebone) about an inch from the top and an inch from the
bottom to anchor it in the channel and keep it from sliding.

     -Carol