During the 1500s I do believe that Portugal and Spain did not get along with
each other. Said to be like siblings trying to one up the other.
Then in 1580, Philip of Spain invaded and conquered Portugal. It was not
many years after this that you get the Jewish exodus from Spain and
Portugal. I think sometime after Holland became free of the Spanish rule as
many of the refugees went there.
I was told by someone who has research the 1500s Spain and Portugal but not
the 1400s said that the fashions were similar but there were differences.
Probably not much help but maybe something.
De