In a message dated 4/25/2006 7:04:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The  Broadway Theatre Archive

**************

Yes....well worth checking out...even the "bad" productions. I remember  when
"School for Scandal" aired. I was in college then and all my design  teachers
LOVED the costumes! YIKES! They're dreadful but for Mrs Candor's. The  "King
Lear" with James Earl Jones and Raul Julia is GREAT....and it has many  things
against it ...like it was a Shakespeare in the Park performance filmed
outside with the [by today's standards] large mikes CF on every costume. "The
Skin
of our Teeth" is very good too.

And there's also American Film Theatre...which is equally uneven. I'm not
sure if there's anything 17th century in there. There is "Luther". And
"Galileo".

There's a great "The Iceman Cometh" [Takes place in the 19  teens] which is
loooong and you want to kill yourself afterwards,  but  it is perfection.

Eonesco's "Rhinoceros" is not great but worth a look. Same  for Genet's "The
Maids".

Ahhhhhh....remember when theatre and dance and opera were considered
worthwhile in America, not luxuries? The good old  days....