Ah, Julian! It sounds like your island should become a destination spot for
a shopping vacation! The store sounds *wonderful!* ;o)
--Sue, a long ways away from any Jersey, old or new

----- Original Message -----
From: "julian wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 2:21 AM
Subject: [h-cost] U.S.-based Fabric stores closing

> Hearing all your sad tales of your local fabric stores closing has made me
realise that we in the little Island of Jersey must be extremely fortunate
in having "Hamon's" of King St., Saint Helier, to patronise.
>   This fabric Store  - situated in a late-18th Century building on our
Town's main shopping street, - is still operated by the Hamon Family
[Armory - Azure, a Lion rampant, reguardent, Or,  - first recorded in 1331
Gregorian] - and all the staff have been there for decades, and are all
either in their 60's or older - [one or two much older], - with the benefits
of decades of fabric-shop experience. Compared with younger shop staff
locally, I cannot praise our Hamon's staff highly enough.
>   The range of goods is huge - and the shop is stacked high with bolts of
cloth [and the ceilings are very high]. If Mr. Hamon hasn't got what you
require, then he'll "move heaven and earth" to obtain it for you! "Obliging"
doesn't even come close!