Aside from all the advice given, I also know there is a way to set crinkles
using the microwave and perm solution. I'll dig it out and see if it's been
transfered to a new site...
Darn, the site is down. But it may still be on the LOTR costume site.
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/makingem/Tips/CrushSilk.htm

If you can work some way of keeping the pleats even it might be ideal for
setting fabric for a dolls dress. I wouldn't recommend lining it in linen
though, maybe self lined would be better

Michaela de Bruce
http://glittersweet.com

I was hoping I missed something besides the perm solution.  I just
can't see purchasing a full perm for one blouse worth of silk, and the
method with the microwave, sounds like a lot of trouble (as well as
toxic) for such a small piece.

I'll have to see what steam setting does for it I guess.

As to the lining, there isn't enough of the silk to self line, as well
as I don't think it would give the body that I want.

alex