In this I even must include the Norah Waugh pattern in Corsets & Crinolines; while it may well be based on an extant corset, it is in no way representative of the straight front corset, and if you're trying to get that look, you'll be disappointed.

Gee. I have one of those, straight out of Waugh's book, and I find that it generates the "straight-front" look just fine on me. It even looks like the ones in the Sears catalogs of 1900 and 1902, (which I have in reprint) right down to the seams. I like mine fine and have worn it for many years. It was no fun to construct, but it is unique among my various period-repro corsets in that it has never lost a bone.

       CarolynKayta Barrows
dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
         www.FunStuft.com

             ///\\\\\