I have thought about this business of costumes reflecting fashion at the time
they were made before.  If you look at a "period" film from the 40's the
costumes look 40's and so on.  But now that I think about it more seriously, I
suspect is they are done that way to appeal to the majority of the audience who
are NOT well informed about the clothing of other eras.  They are trying to
make a movie that will sell, not one that is historically accurate.  At least
that is the way I see it.  Does that make it right?  No, but it makes them
money and that is why they are in business.

Lalah, Never give up, Never surrender