Hradec Kralove is the political, economic and cultural centre of the region today.

"Kralovsky Eilsky" appears to be the name of the 14th-century part of the city, and "slavnosti" is "celebration." So as a wild guess I'm going to say it's the celebration of the old city. But it is just a Google-search with some logic applied. Your mileage may vary.
Lauren
On Oct 11, 2006, at 10:45 AM, Diane Maynard wrote:

If you check closely, they are going to their post and saluting their
opponent when they are on the wrong side.  There are only one or two
pictures when they are actually jousting and, they are on the correct side
at that time.  Interesting pictures.

Diane

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:h-costume- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ann Catelli
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 6:10 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Event query

Ruth Anne Baumgartner wrote:

A friend sent me this website because he knows I
"like this stuff."

http://www.oook.cz/events/hradec-kralove06/

Can anyone tell me what event I'm looking at?

--Ruth Anne Baumgartner

I wonder why they are jousting on the wrong sides of
the barrier.

You're supposed to aim your spear at your oponent's
shield, thereby ensuring he is aiming at yours, not
your less protected side.

I.e., pass to the right, with the lance crossing the
horse's neck and couched against your shield.

Ann in CT

Lauren M. Walker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]