At 09:01 PM 10/26/2006, you wrote:
Is the laundry soap liquid? Most laundry liquids seem to contain a lot of dye -- they are often very dark blue or blue/green. That would be my first suspect. If it's powdered, are their little colored bits in the powder? I think they add a certain amount of ingredient in both liquids and powders that act like blueing.

It's a powder and it's completely white, no colored bits. It's a Safeway house brand and unfortunately, I emptied the box into my detergent bin and threw it away so I don't even know the exact name of the product. I do remember that it's a concentrated detergent where you need very little--1/4 to 3/8 cup does a large load beautifully.

--lisa

I would try washing with Orvus or Synthrapol.

Joan Jurancich
[EMAIL PROTECTED]