My mother, belatedly, informed me that a crew from the History Channel
was filming at a local (Leavenworth, KS) museum this week.  She has been
involved with this museum for years and was onhand to help setup, find
props, etc.  Naturally (sigh) she could not remember the names of anyone
working on the program (some local, some from Los Angeles) but thought
it was about women who had fought in the Civil War.  They were to be
filming battle scenes at another site in Kansas this week.

She did remember it was for the History Channel and I was wondering if
it might be for their Civil War Classroom series.  Anyone familiar with
this?

Now when she said "History Channel" I kind of cringed because I think
we have all seen how hit and miss their authenticity can be.  She was
impressed with the woman she was working with however.  The lady had
brought her own box of period linens to use if neccessary, and
questioned several of the background props, like a clock, to be sure
they were appropriate for the period.  How much of this will end up in
the final cut is anyone's guess.

Catherine