Hi Elizabeth,

  Yes, I've tried the hair taping (as seen in the second link you gave), and it
will only stay on my head if I then wrap the hair in a kertch. It won't stay up
on its own, and it wouldn't stay stable for a base for the French hood. Also,
it falls apart in the kertch that I wore, and only the wrapping of the fabric
around my head kept it from coming down.

  Maybe it is because I am doing my own hair, it is very thick, and I really
don't do much practice in hair braiding in general. I am not sure what else to
try, so I gladly will accept suggestions.

  Kimiko

Elizabeth Walpole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Have you tried taping or sewing the braids in place? like this
http://www.mfgraffix.com/hird/faoilt/hairtape.html or this
http://katerina.purplefiles.net/garb/hair/Hair%20taping.htm it should be
more secure that way.
Elizabeth