So I was poking around the Web looking for the book, and discovered the Ask About Ireland Virtual Museum, which has a few pieces from the Waterford Museum of Treasures:
http://www.askaboutireland.ie/show_narrative_page.do?page_id=2802

Amongst the treasures is a 12th century comb beater, and the page refers to a sword beater and pin beaters also found at the site. http://www.askaboutireland.ie/show_narrative_page.do?page_id=2910

Those are tools for warp-weighted loom weaving, and you don't use a boat shuttle with a warp-weighted loom. (I don't know your project -- that may be exactly why you want to see the boat shuttle.) Since the warp-weighted loom continued to be used in Scandinavian countries up until the present day, that doesn't mean WWLs didn't exist alongside horizontal harness looms, of course, and the transitional period for those looms in England (I am guessing Ireland is similar in this adoption) is between the 10th and 13th centuries. Let me know if you find the boat shuttle, and when it's dated.

Thanks,
Lauren