On Wednesday 03 January 2007 9:42 pm, Heather Rose Jones wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2007, at 7:16 AM, Sylvia Rognstad wrote:
> > When did this evidence about Egyptian beaded net dresses surface?
> > I never heard of it before nor is it in my old costume history
> > books.  It's been decades since I studied the history of costume,
> > but since I'm going to be teaching it this January I'd really like
> > to keep up on recent developments.
>
> I've run across mentions of about 3 of the dresses, not all of which
> were preserved very carefully after discovery.  The main researcher
> who seems to have written about them is Rosalind Hall.  I believe
> there's some discussion in:
>
> Hall, Rosalind.  1981.  "Fishing-net dreses in the Petrie Museum" in
> Gottinger Miszellen:  42:36-46.
>
> and there's a color picture in the "Shire Archaeology" series book on
> ancient Egyptian textiles, which she also wrote.

The woman who wrote the KMT article is probably the same person.  It mentions
that she's written several books on Ancient Egypt in collaboration with her
husband, Jac. J. Janssen.  Hall is probably her maiden name.

--
Cathy Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point
of doubtful sanity."  --Robert Frost