Since we're talking about ancient costume, and somebody mentioned Jewish, does
anybody know any reliable books on Biblical costume? I've always wanted to
sculpt a Nativity scene, but I have no idea as to what appropriate costumes
would look like. I did an admittedly shallow search a couple of years ago and
couldn't turn up anything more credible than Racinet. I did read that it was a
difficult subject because the Hebrews, like the Muslims, didn't believe in
using human figures in their artwork. But given the dearth of information out
there, I wouldn't be surprised if even that was a false statement.

 I suppose for the Nativity I could just dress them as Romans, or do a medieval
theme or something, but if there is accurate information to be had, I'd like to
know.

 Tea Rose

 p.s. Robin, I intend to be at CostumeCon for your lecture, but I haven't
registered yet. I hope there's still room; I'm really excited about it!