In a message dated 1/28/2007 9:33:44 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Those  color people are a funny lot!

********************

Thank you! As if you can forecast color trends years in advance. It, I
suppose, never occurs to them that they themselves and their so called
forecasts
actually cause the color to become the latest trend....by projecting it will
be.  The fashion industry is listening, y'know. And of course some colors are
safe, like say black. When has...or will...black ever be out of style? I
remember in the 80's purple was supposed to be all the rage. Lots of clothes
were
made up in purple and I'm sure are still in warehouses to this day,  unsold.

About the only thing, I think, one could predict is if bright  saturated
tones will be in or muted colors. But for individual colors...please!  To each
his
own.

Of course scientifically, no one even knows if we see the same colors as
others. My brain interprets a certain wave length of electro-magnetic energy as

green, but there's no way of knowing if your brain interprets it the same. We
both call whatever we see at that wave length green, but do we "see" in our
mind's eye the same thing?