On Feb 24, 2007, at 12:51 PM, Zuzana Kraemerova wrote:

I'm just about to do a gown from the mid 14th century Bohemia- German, (could be France, too). It will be for a man from a lower aristocratic class. So that's why I'm looking for some inspiration:-))

If you think that surviving garments from early 14th c. Bohemia might help you in this research, look into the burial garments of King Rudolf I of Bohemia. If you go to my surviving garments database online <http://www.heatherrosejones.com/survivinggarments/ choosegarment.php> and simply select: (Modern) Country of Garment = Czech Republic, all the items currently in the database with that characteristic are the Rudolf grave garments. I don't know how easy the cited pubications will be to track down, but they include cutting diagrams and lots of pictures as well as descriptions.

Heather