There's a kirtle that show up in the second half of the 15th c. It has a scoop neck, laces up the front, has a four-piece bodice with high armscyes, short sleeves (with long sleeves pinned on), a waist seam and a gored skirt set on mostly smoothly. You should be able to that dress out of nearly four yards, especially since noil has no nap and you can nest the pieces for maximum fabric usage. I got one for a size 12 out of just under 3 yds, also 45" wide, but I really enjoy geometry. . Look at "The Seven Sacraments" and a "Deposition" by Jan van Eyck and the Gravende altarpiece by Hans Memlng. This dress is in there, seams visible.
Good luck with the project,
-Helen/Aidan