>1. Mini-skirts: Girl's skirt lengths were measured

I graduated high school in 1968. Our skirts could be no shorter than the width
of a business envelope above the knee. The principal
carried one in his pocket and did random spot checks between classes and at
lunch. If your skirt was too short, they pinned strips
of obnoxious patterned fabric to the hem of your skirt and you had to wear it
the rest of the day. Three infractions and you got
detention and suspension from extra curricular activities. We were very adept
at rolling them up at the waist and then dropping
them down as soon as he turned the corner.

>2. Girls' pants:  When were girls' allowed to wear pants to school.
>Pants-suits, hiphuggers?

The only girls who could wear pants to school were members of the high school
band on the days we had a concert or other band
activity that required a band uniform.

>3. Boys' Hair: Allowed to wear long hair

Boy's hair styles are still pretty short at this time and in this area
(Gettysburg, PA). Heck - we still had a few guys who wore
DA's!

>4. Boy's mustaches: When allowed

No facial hair like mustaches or beards, but a few guys had some awesome
sideburns.

Carolann Schmitt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.genteelarts.com
Ladies & Gentlemen of the 1860s Conference, March 1-4, 2007