At 01:32 PM 4/14/2007, you wrote:
I somehow got the impression that pin-dotted fabric is in style so it would be easy to find, but I think I was wrong about that. I went to the dentist in Berkeley on Wednesday and consoled myself by going to three fabric stores over there (Poppy, Stonemountain, and Discount Fabrics), and I wasn't seeing much in the way of pin dots.

As for the dotted Swiss, I asked Baltazor how well their $15/yard 100% cotton batiste white Swiss would dye. (Why is it manufacturers are so locked into the white/blue/pink/pale yellow colors for dotted Swiss?) They said they didn't know whether the fabric would stand up to machine dyeing, but offered to send me half a yard free of charge to test.

Fran >>

Fran, I was doing some poking about just a little while ago, and found this site--don't know if you can use these, but here they are--and at considerably less than $15 a yard!

http://www.reprodepot.com/dots1.html

Dianne