Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 07:37:12 -0500
From: Genie Barrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Fabric and Costume in Ireland
To: Historical Costume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 11:06 PM 5/8/2007, you wrote:

Does anyone know of any treasure troves of linens, embroidery, Irish
crochet, or exhibits of costume in any of the places I've
mentioned?  And not all our itinerary is set in stone yet.  If there
are any tourist spots that shouldn't be missed, I'd welcome all
recommendations!

Thanks,
Kathy

I heard of a linen mill or lace factory on the Dingle peninsula
somewhere, but didn't have time to look for it while we were
there.  There is also a indoor shopping mall in Cork, the Savoy
Centre, on Patrick St.  They used to have (five years ago) a
cotton/linen shop there as well as a few other boutiques with
handmade jewelry and local artisan's work.

Have a great time.  It's a beautiful area.  Just an fyi, if you
intend to go to Skellig, get there very early.  There is only one
boat per day, and it leaves pretty early.

Genie