Hi Aylwen,

I would love to see your images for embroidered
pillbox hats. I've not looked for those specifically,
but have wondered what they did look like. Long ago, I
made a sparkly beaded pillbox hat that I wear once in
awhile, but I didn't base it on anything period at the
time.

And I've not seen any embroidery in images for flat
caps. For women, I've really only seen a few images of
women wearing any sort of flat cap, and the ones I can
think of off hand were Henrician. If you do find any
images to support this, do let me know. I also have an
embroidered flat cap that I first made when I first
joined faire, and I just made it for fun, not
historical accuracy (which I didn't care about then).

Kimiko

--- Aylwen & John Garden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I'm collecting images of embroidered pillbox hats
> from the Elizabethan era.
<snip>