> Linda Quoting Robert Doyle:
> He also writes that heavier irons work better than lightweight ones and
> that a dry iron with a mist bottle works better than a steam iron.  This
> is on cotton and linen fabrics.

I have found that I want the heaviest iron I can find when I have to do it.
The heavier iron discourages the wrinkles better than the "feather-weights"
that they brought out in the 1950's or so.  Of course I don't have anything
like the amount of ironing that my mother used to.

Thankfully most of my clothing is wash and wear or wash and touch up.  I'm
old fashioned enough that I usually iron clothing, but it's usually just
before I put it on.  Sheets can un-wrinkle on the bed even though most are
permanent press now.  My lace curtains are genuine dead dinosaur and the
wrinkles fall out if I just hang them while damp with the little plastic
roller hooks that I brought back from Germany.

Regina