Try looking at the department store ads in the microfilm of your local newspaper for '57. I'd start in April or May. If you're lucky, there will have been a bridal shop advertising, as well. Or your library might have hung on to Vogue, or Harper's Bazaar. I can't recall whether Seventeen was pubbing in '57. I'm home sick, or I'd check. There were lots of fashion ads in the New York Times, if your library has that.

It is a rare library that did this, but ask if they have a catalog collection. No, not the library catalog, <grin> Sears, or Montgomery Ward, etc.

<pause>

Ah, I found a source.  Yes, Seventeen existed in 1957.

Mary Piero Carey