On Aug 23, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Gytha Stonegrinder wrote:
Annie's a wonder! I've missed Costume College the last 2 years... hope to get back to it next year... Kathy

I'm sorry to inform you of this, but Costume College 2008 registration sold out around lunch on Sunday of this year's College. I believe there is a waiting list, but I also believe it's pretty long already. If you're not already registered, your chances of getting in are pretty slim.

The CGW board is considering how to solve this issue while maintaining the quality of their classroom instruction, but that's not going to change things for College 2008 registration.

If you need your costume event fix for next year, please check out Costume-Con 26 in San Jose (April 25-28, 2008) <http://www.cc26.info/ >. Many of the Angelenos are planning to come up for our event. We've got folks with extensive historical costume background on our committee, including Shelly Monson, Aurie Bradley, Elanor Farrell and Jennifer Tifft. Our Friday night Social is the "Victorian Underwear Party." Our vice-chair is in the used luxury car business and is an antique car show judge; she's working her connections to get some interesting vintage cars for early-20th century photo shoots. There should be plenty of activities for historical costume enthusiasts.

You can check out the history of Costume-Con in the Costume- ConNections Photo archive; you can find 24 years of historical competition entries there <http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/>.

andy