Alexandria Doyle wrote:
Is that an embroidered jacket or one of the knit ones?  The Boston MFA
seems to have several in their collection.

I'd love for this one you mention to have been an earlier version,
perhaps something Elizabeth might have worn as a child or young
princess, just so I can see if there was a progress in style or cut.

(sigh) Wishful thinking, that's all

I remember it being white linen, woven and not knit. It was a late 1500's style, I don't remember too much else about it, other than all the metallic embroidery. There may have been metal lace. I've been searching the MFA website, but have not found it in the online collection yet.

I'm surprised Janet Arnold didn't find it when doing her book on Elizabeth's clothing.

Dawn

alex