My dressmaker's dummy is graced with a navy blue wool dress with a round red neckline and (future) red cuffs, seams in progress of finishing with dark green wool herringbone stitch on outside. It is a semi-fitted gored tunic type dress. Future embroidery in Medici wool for collar, cuffs and hemline.

Original styling of dress loosely based on dresses in Codex Manesse, embroidery to be German influenced but I'm not trying for period perfect.

According to the proprietor of the store where I buy Medici wool, it has been discontinued by the manufacturer (DMC). This is a shame as it is much finer than anything else I have seen in wool. Anyone know of a good substitution for the day when I use up all my stash?

-Kathy