Actually, I do have one in my own name. I had it long before I had him. I had
sterling, well established credit when I met him. It's dubious at best now. So
I have taken him off every account I can legally yank his name from. Around
here, basics like phone and cable are very expensive start up costs if you have
bad credit and no recent history with the company.
I had thought about reporting his card stolen, but that would yank my card with
it, I would believe- it would freeze the entire account. I could be wrong. But,
that is also playing dirty pool. Since I have no official, gainful employment
that a bank can confirm, I have no money of my own so I need to keep every
option open to me until that circumstance changes. I might be getting underwear
revenge, but I could end up shooting myself in the foot in the long run.
Besides, the bills come to me, I back track the purchases, and mount up even
more proof that he is having an affair with someone who he keeps trying to tell
me is just a friend. heh. Not anymore.

Playing my cards as carefully as my vengeful urges allow me,

Kathy.

Ermine, a lion rampant tail nowed gules charged on the shoulder with a rose Or
barbed, seeded, slipped and leaved vert
(Fieldless) On a rose Or barbed vert a lions head erased gules.
It’s never too late to be who you might have been.
-George Eliot
Tosach eólais imchomarc. - Questioning is the beginning of knowledge.
Who you are is contained inside, and no one can change that. They can only
assist you in denying who you are, but not indelibly reshape you to their own
image.

I was just thinking:  If your ex is using your joint credit card, it
could be a legal process to untangle.

What if you reported it stolen, so he can't use it, and apply for
another card under your own name?

Fran

      Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to
Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com