On Nov 25, 2007, at 6:00 AM, cahuff wrote:
So I went to Darkover Grand Council (had a great time! Saw people, got cool books...)
and got the flyer for CC in 2009...in Baltimore!! Yah!!!
on the first weekend in May!!!! WAHHAAAAAAAA!!
That is Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival weekend.
So once again I'll be missing CC and it's right in my backyard >grumph< Please could those in charge look and see what might just conflict the next time they plan an event. Please?

So putting on my cranky hat:
Try scheduling an international-scope event. There are no good weekends. Our Costume-Con in San Jose (for which we picked dates nearly 6 years ago) is booked against the West Kingdom 2008 Spring Collegium Occidentalis. No matter how wide you cast your net for a conflict-free date, you'll never find one.

Putting on my practical hat:
You can go to Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival any year, if it's in your backyard. CC won't be in your backyard again for at least half a decade. Go to the event that you'll regret missing for years instead of the one that you'll also be able to go to in 2008 and 2010.

andy